Committed to all forms of sustainable development
BNP Paribas in Bulgaria is committed to supporting sustainable development in all its forms. We implement various initiatives that aim at reducing the environmental footprint linked to our own operations.
The actions supported by BNP Paribas in Bulgaria are:
- reducing the volume of documents printed for clients and replacing them with electronic files
- recycling paper and metal equipment
- reducing the use of electricity by installing cost efficient and energy saving electric bulbs
- participating in Earth Hour, a worldwide project organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). Earth Hour brings people together to protect the planet and act towards a sustainable future
- supporting the Sofia Spring Cleaning, an initiative organized by the Municipality of Sofia that brings citizens together to help protect the city. BNP Paribas Bulgaria gives awards to participants and encourages wider involvement
- supporting solidarity projects such as “Soup Kitchen”, carried out by the Foundation BNP Paribas Bulgaria
BNP Paribas in Bulgaria adheres to the Group’s corporate social responsibility policy across all of its local entities, implementing responsible business practices internally as well as externally.
BNP Paribas, a responsible economic player
For the Group, being a responsible bank means living up to its economic responsibilities and working to finance projects for its clients.
In addition, BNP Paribas recognises that it has responsibilities in three other areas:
This means treating the Group’s more than 202,624 employees in a fair and loyal manner and engaging in serious and meaningful dialogue with staff union representatives.
This means helping to combat social exclusion and promoting education and culture. The Group has a strong stake in society, through initiatives and projects which take its banking role one step further for the good of society: special assistance for underprivileged neighbourhoods and marginalised areas, microcredit, support for charitable organisations and social economy enterprises. Our civic engagement is also manifested in the corporate philanthropy work done by the BNP Paribas Foundation, whose charity initiatives include educational, cultural and public health projects.
BNP Paribas pays particular attention to the environmental impact resulting from its banking activities all over the world. The Group has drawn up and implemented detailed policies relating both to its day-to-day functioning and to sensitive fields of industry, and supports environmental initiatives through the BNP Paribas Foundation.